What is massage therapy?
Massage is defined as the rubbing and kneading of muscles and joints of the body and hands as a means of relieving tension and pain and stimulate circulation. Massage techniques can vary from light stroking to deep pressure.
Why offer massage therapy with chiropractic care?
Chiropractic care, when combined with the benefits massage therapy, can be more effective and longer lasting than chiropractic alone. When subluxation, or misalignment of bones, joints, and vertebra occurs, the muscles become tense. Massage therapy can aid in the reduction of muscle tension, stress, and pain and allow the manipulation of the musculoskeletal system to occur much more easily.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
There are many benefits of massage including:
- Stress relief
- Improvements in circulation
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved flexibility and range of motion
- Strengthens the immune system
- Pain relief
Different types of massage:
- Swedish Massage – This is a more gentle form of massage using long strokes, kneading, and tapping to help relax and energize.
- Deep Tissue Massage – This technique targets the deeper layers of the muscle and connective tissue and uses more forceful strokes.
- Sports Massage – Similar to Swedish Massage, this technique is more focused on sports activities to treat and prevent injuries.
- Trigger Point Massage – This massage focuses on very specific areas of tight muscle fibers that form in muscles due to injuries.
We have multiple massage therapists with appointments six days a week.
- 30 minutes for $40
- 60 minutes for $75
- 90 minutes for $105
- For Fascia blasting add 30 minutes to the massage.
- Cupping by massage therapist
- Fascia blasting